Saturday, March 19, 2016

Crockpot Recipes Hold the Key to Stress Free Cooking

A few years ago, my crock pot would collect dust in my cupboard waiting for me to make chili or a pot roast. Now it's a rare evening when you don't see it on my counter with the night's dinner in it.

Crockpot


I know that many of you can relate to what it's like in my household from 4:00pm on. After getting 4 kids an after school snack, I am helping a 10 year old with homework, playing dominoes with twin 4 year olds, and chasing after a 2 year old. How on earth could I be expected to do all of this while preparing dinner and not be completely frazzled by the time we sat down to eat? Finally I discovered the answer.

Now each morning I get up and, while drinking my coffee, decide what's for dinner that evening. I take meat out of the freezer to thaw in cold water in the sink, verify remaining ingredients, and play with my 2 year old. Then I leisurely take 10-15 minutes mid morning to throw ingredients into a pot and flip a switch.

I go about the rest of my day relaxed, knowing that dinner will be a cinch. Sure enough, dinner time comes and all I need to do is spoon food onto some plates, sit down, and enjoy!
Reasons why crock pot cooking is virtually stress free:

-Clean up is easy; there aren't numerous pots and pans to wash, just one stoneware pot and maybe a cutting board and knife.

-Minimal preparation is required; just a few minutes each morning.

-It's really difficult to overcook things in a crock pot. Plus, now there are crock pots that will automatically switch to a "keep warm" setting once the cooking time is done.

-Crock pots are wonderful for cheaper cuts of meat. Cooking for a large family, I'm conscientious of my grocery bill. Because crock pots cook meat over a long period of time at low heat, tougher cuts of meat turn out tender and juicy.

-You're not feeding your family fast food or calling the pizza delivery guy again; they are getting quality home cooked meals.

-Crock pot cooking is perfect for any type of mom. Those who work out of the office can quickly fix the meal in the morning or even prepare it the night before and refrigerate.

-Different people can eat at different times. Let's face it, with busy schedules many families can't eat together during the week. A crock pot keeps the meal warm for your toddlers to eat at 5pm, your high school kids to eat at 8pm, and your husband to grab a 10pm snack.

So pull it out of your cupboard, dust it off, and enjoy the wonderful aromas that will fill your home as dinner draws near.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Natalie_Schloesser/68850

No comments:

Post a Comment